Sunday, 11 August 2013

Starry Night


Just a quick update today. The photo below was taken a few days ago using a long exposure (approx 20 minutes) with a 18mm focal length to get as much space into image as possible. The stars are rotating around Polaris.

I'm hoping to goto Marwell next week so will put some photos up from there if I do. It is also the Perseids meteor shower this weekend so hopefully the sky will be clear tonight or tomorrow when it is at its peak.

It's also my birthday so I've invested in some new photo gear which should arrive early this week so will no doubt have some photos from trying it out. I've bought a Vanguard 263AT Tripod with Vanguard GH-100 trigger head, a 0.45x wide angle converter which if my calculations are right should make my 18mm on DX the equivalent of 12mm, and also a Meike LED ring flash for close-up work. I'm hoping to also get a proper flashgun as well if my budget allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment